HPH Environmental Policy
HPH plays an active role in the provision of commercial and retail floor space in Wiltshire, Somerset, Gloucestershire and Avon. The company is involved in creating and maintaining attractive and safe environments in which people can work over the long term. At the company’s core the well-being of our tenants is paramount.
HPH recognises the importance of taking a proactive approach to the environmental management of its assets and strives to be at the forefront of the changes to which the property industry is having to adjust in this field.
HPH complies with all relevant environmental legislation and aims to exceed the legal requirements wherever possible.
The implementation of our environmental policy is applicable to five areas of our business.
1. Our own premises.
2. Multi tenanted buildings where HPH are responsible for management.
3. New projects either for refurbishment or new build.
4. Assisting tenants of buildings owned by HPH (who are responsible for the management of their property under their lease commitment) to reduce their own environmental footprint.
5. Our supply chain for materials and products.
Each of our projects/properties presents its own individual challenges to which the following key objectives are applied in so far as these are economically viable.
- Minimise CO2 emissions by reduction in energy consumption.
- Reduce waste and increase recycling and the use of recyclable materials.
- Minimise the risk of pollution and contamination.
- Maximise the efficiency in use of raw materials and energy.
- Improve the ecological impact in all of our activities.
- Make efficient use of natural resources and promote the use of sustainable materials.
- When appropriate, consult with the local community on environmental issues.
HPH aims to develop awareness of environmental matters with all employees, contractors, suppliers and tenants.
The responsibility for this environmental policy lies at board level and it is HPH’s intention to review periodically the implementation of the policy to monitor progress and set new standards to be attained in the future.